“Hey, didn’t K. Sparks have a record about Magic featured back in August?” Indeed he did, and received rave Booth reviews for his trouble. Far from being a retread, however, newly-leaked cut Black Magic is proof the Queens native’s got no shortage of new tricks up his sleeve. This spellbinding banger finds D. Roof serving up a brassy jazz instrumental (sampled, I’ma guess, from some version of Ella Fitzgerald’s That Old Black Magic) as the Queens native spits verses characteristically jam-packed with wordplay and allusions. The real surprise, though, is who the headliner pulls out of his hat on the guest tip – Ahmad, the West Coast vet who recently made his comeback with The Death of Me, takes center stage on the front, showing off his downright magical knack for transitioning between gruff flows and silky-smooth sung vocals. The final chapter in Sparks’ acclaimed Trilogy has yet to receive a release date, but in the meantime fans can still stream and download the first (The Collaborations) and second (The Demonstration) from our very own mixtape page.
Written by richard on 10/24/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)