With the sheer number of hip-hop records centered around international travel, it’s a surprise that nobody’s thought to show a little love to those hard-working individuals who make sure our sh*t gets from point A to point B. (Nine times out of ten, anyway.) If you spend your days chucking luggage into cargo bays, you may be slightly disappointed to learn that K. Sparks’ latest promo single is not, in fact, a Baggage Handlers’ anthem. The rest, however, are sure to appreciate the jam, which finds our favorite Queens repper shaking his head at individuals who choose to spread negativity. Payozo and Gonza man the boards, flipping a mellow, keyboard-driven sample as the emcee calls out Twitter tough-guys, broke jokes, insecure fans-turned-rappers and other unsavory characters. Sabina Ddumba guests, accompanying the headliner on the smooth hook as well as providing backing vocals throughout. While the irony of Sparks talking trash to trash-talkers won’t be lost on readers, I think we can all agree that the Double Up mic-murderer’s earned the right to do a little venting. Those feeling this head-noddable selection can, as always, keep it locked for all the latest from The DJBooth fave.
Written by richard on 03/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.