If you’re looking for an unsigned artist who embodies the term “quality hip-hop,” look no further than Southside Jamaican Queens native K. Sparks. Ready to school the competition by giving a course in Hip Hop 101, Sparks has fun with his rhymes, inviting listeners to “take a little trip to France and dance,” “put the bass in ya face in the place in the stakes hit the brakes,” and All That Jazz. What sets Spark’s work apart from the competition is production from Sweden’s Pajozo, which makes the track sound less like the cold street corner and more like the local upscale coffeehouse. When you wake up tomorrow morning, it might help to make sure you have All That Jazz on repeat while brushing your teeth and eating breakfast; your morning will thank you.
Listen to More: K. Sparks
Written by Burmy on 07/21/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.