If you’re looking for an unsigned artist who embodies the term “quality hip-hop,” look no further than Southside Jamaican Queens native K. Sparks. Ready to school the competition by giving a course in Hip Hop 101, Sparks has fun with his rhymes, inviting listeners to “take a little trip to France and dance,” “put the bass in ya face in the place in the stakes hit the brakes,” and All That Jazz. What sets Spark’s work apart from the competition is production from Sweden’s Pajozo, which makes the track sound less like the cold street corner and more like the local upscale coffeehouse. When you wake up tomorrow morning, it might help to make sure you have All That Jazz on repeat while brushing your teeth and eating breakfast; your morning will thank you.
Listen to More: K. Sparks
Written by Burmy on 07/21/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.