K. Sparks isn’t just old-school in his focus on lyricism and his choice of instrumentals; his affinity for the retro also extends to his taste in handshakes. On a new single off his next independent full-length, the South Jamaica repper invites us to give him 5 on the Black Hand Side. You’ll want to give him dap of one variety or another after listening to this record, as it’s every bit as dope as we’ve come to expect from the Booth fave. Kurser‘s beat, a quirky, yet gritty mix of synths, vocal samples and boom-bap percussion, sets the stage for verses loaded with witty braggadocio and triple-time trash-talk. K. Sparks’s Vintage Art LP is scheduled to drop for digital sale on Sunday, July 27, at which point the set will be available for full, free streaming in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 07/23/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.