K. Sparks isn’t just old-school in his focus on lyricism and his choice of instrumentals; his affinity for the retro also extends to his taste in handshakes. On a new single off his next independent full-length, the South Jamaica repper invites us to give him 5 on the Black Hand Side. You’ll want to give him dap of one variety or another after listening to this record, as it’s every bit as dope as we’ve come to expect from the Booth fave. Kurser‘s beat, a quirky, yet gritty mix of synths, vocal samples and boom-bap percussion, sets the stage for verses loaded with witty braggadocio and triple-time trash-talk. K. Sparks’s Vintage Art LP is scheduled to drop for digital sale on Sunday, July 27, at which point the set will be available for full, free streaming in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 07/23/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.