It’s always great to see Booth-approved artists and beatsmiths working together. In this case, K-Salaam and Beatnick, the Minneapolis up-and-comers who recently impressed our readers with their remixes of Never Can Say Goodbye and Let’s Get It On, have hooked up with recent Booth interviewee K’naan and Boot Camp Clik veteran Buckshot for a collaborative mixtape called Where the Streets Have No Name. On a newly-released cut, the two emcees get together to reminisce about their time In Jamaica. K’naan’s tone is mellow and lighthearted as he tells a breezy tale of tropical romance; Buckshot, on the other hand, briefly touches on some of the country’s sociopolitial issues. K-Salaam & Beatnick’s spacious production oozes Caribbean sun – the perfect thing to help us chilly Midwesterners tough out the rest of the winter. K’naan’s sophomore LP, Troubador, hits store shelves on the 24th; watch for K-Salaam & Beatnick’s Never Can Say Goodbye and Buckshot’s Conflosations (with KRS-One) in the near future.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Corner (Remix)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.