It’s always great to see Booth-approved artists and beatsmiths working together. In this case, K-Salaam and Beatnick, the Minneapolis up-and-comers who recently impressed our readers with their remixes of Never Can Say Goodbye and Let’s Get It On, have hooked up with recent Booth interviewee K’naan and Boot Camp Clik veteran Buckshot for a collaborative mixtape called Where the Streets Have No Name. On a newly-released cut, the two emcees get together to reminisce about their time In Jamaica. K’naan’s tone is mellow and lighthearted as he tells a breezy tale of tropical romance; Buckshot, on the other hand, briefly touches on some of the country’s sociopolitial issues. K-Salaam & Beatnick’s spacious production oozes Caribbean sun – the perfect thing to help us chilly Midwesterners tough out the rest of the winter. K’naan’s sophomore LP, Troubador, hits store shelves on the 24th; watch for K-Salaam & Beatnick’s Never Can Say Goodbye and Buckshot’s Conflosations (with KRS-One) in the near future.
Written by richard on 02/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Corner (Remix)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.