It’s always great to see Booth-approved artists and beatsmiths working together. In this case, K-Salaam and Beatnick, the Minneapolis up-and-comers who recently impressed our readers with their remixes of Never Can Say Goodbye and Let’s Get It On, have hooked up with recent Booth interviewee K’naan and Boot Camp Clik veteran Buckshot for a collaborative mixtape called Where the Streets Have No Name. On a newly-released cut, the two emcees get together to reminisce about their time In Jamaica. K’naan’s tone is mellow and lighthearted as he tells a breezy tale of tropical romance; Buckshot, on the other hand, briefly touches on some of the country’s sociopolitial issues. K-Salaam & Beatnick’s spacious production oozes Caribbean sun – the perfect thing to help us chilly Midwesterners tough out the rest of the winter. K’naan’s sophomore LP, Troubador, hits store shelves on the 24th; watch for K-Salaam & Beatnick’s Never Can Say Goodbye and Buckshot’s Conflosations (with KRS-One) in the near future.
Written by richard on 02/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Corner (Remix)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.