In my review of K-Salaam & Beatnick‘s last DJBooth feature, I brought up the possibility that their remixed version of Jackson 5 cut Never Can Say Goodbye would lead to a full-length project a la S.T.O.R.Y., their collection of Common remixes. As it turns out, the previous feature will be the title track of a forthcoming collection of revamped soul classics. Now, the Minneapolis production duo brings listeners an inspired reinterpretation of Marvin Gaye‘s Let’s Get It On. Amping up the tension with an overhauled chord progression, K-Salaam & Beatnick swap the original’s sunny sensuality for something a little chillier to showcase an entirely new (but no less sexy) side of the universally-beloved song. This record, along with the duo’s previous feature, make it crystal clear that K-Salaam & Beatnick are on a serious creative hot streak. With remixes of Al Green, Stevie Wonder, The Spinners, Curtis Mayfield and more set for inclusion on Never Can Say Goodbye, R&B-lovers have a lot to look forward to.
Listen to More: K-Salaam & Beatnick
Written by richard on 01/26/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Corner (Remix)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.