In my review of K-Salaam & Beatnick‘s last DJBooth feature, I brought up the possibility that their remixed version of Jackson 5 cut Never Can Say Goodbye would lead to a full-length project a la S.T.O.R.Y., their collection of Common remixes. As it turns out, the previous feature will be the title track of a forthcoming collection of revamped soul classics. Now, the Minneapolis production duo brings listeners an inspired reinterpretation of Marvin Gaye‘s Let’s Get It On. Amping up the tension with an overhauled chord progression, K-Salaam & Beatnick swap the original’s sunny sensuality for something a little chillier to showcase an entirely new (but no less sexy) side of the universally-beloved song. This record, along with the duo’s previous feature, make it crystal clear that K-Salaam & Beatnick are on a serious creative hot streak. With remixes of Al Green, Stevie Wonder, The Spinners, Curtis Mayfield and more set for inclusion on Never Can Say Goodbye, R&B-lovers have a lot to look forward to.
Written by richard on 01/26/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Corner (Remix)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.