In my review of K-Salaam & Beatnick‘s last DJBooth feature, I brought up the possibility that their remixed version of Jackson 5 cut Never Can Say Goodbye would lead to a full-length project a la S.T.O.R.Y., their collection of Common remixes. As it turns out, the previous feature will be the title track of a forthcoming collection of revamped soul classics. Now, the Minneapolis production duo brings listeners an inspired reinterpretation of Marvin Gaye‘s Let’s Get It On. Amping up the tension with an overhauled chord progression, K-Salaam & Beatnick swap the original’s sunny sensuality for something a little chillier to showcase an entirely new (but no less sexy) side of the universally-beloved song. This record, along with the duo’s previous feature, make it crystal clear that K-Salaam & Beatnick are on a serious creative hot streak. With remixes of Al Green, Stevie Wonder, The Spinners, Curtis Mayfield and more set for inclusion on Never Can Say Goodbye, R&B-lovers have a lot to look forward to.
Listen to More: K-Salaam & Beatnick
Written by richard on 01/26/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Corner (Remix)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.