In my review of K-Salaam & Beatnick‘s last DJBooth feature, I brought up the possibility that their remixed version of Jackson 5 cut Never Can Say Goodbye would lead to a full-length project a la S.T.O.R.Y., their collection of Common remixes. As it turns out, the previous feature will be the title track of a forthcoming collection of revamped soul classics. Now, the Minneapolis production duo brings listeners an inspired reinterpretation of Marvin Gaye‘s Let’s Get It On. Amping up the tension with an overhauled chord progression, K-Salaam & Beatnick swap the original’s sunny sensuality for something a little chillier to showcase an entirely new (but no less sexy) side of the universally-beloved song. This record, along with the duo’s previous feature, make it crystal clear that K-Salaam & Beatnick are on a serious creative hot streak. With remixes of Al Green, Stevie Wonder, The Spinners, Curtis Mayfield and more set for inclusion on Never Can Say Goodbye, R&B-lovers have a lot to look forward to.
Listen to More: K-Salaam & Beatnick
Written by richard on 01/26/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Corner (Remix)" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.