Rising R&B star K. Roosevelt may not know what his future will hold, but he can rest secure in the fact that he won’t be making the Journey alone. On his latest feature, a standout off his newly-released EP of the same name, the HS87 signee addresses his ride or die chick, assuring her that, no matter where his life may lead him, he wants to go there with her by his side. In addition to handling vocal duties, Roosevelt produces the record’s instrumental backdrop, an airy mix of synths and samples driven by a muscular bassline. Like what you’re hearing? More awaits on Journey (the EP), available now for free digital download.
Written by richard on 07/22/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.