Rising R&B star K. Roosevelt may not know what his future will hold, but he can rest secure in the fact that he won’t be making the Journey alone. On his latest feature, a standout off his newly-released EP of the same name, the HS87 signee addresses his ride or die chick, assuring her that, no matter where his life may lead him, he wants to go there with her by his side. In addition to handling vocal duties, Roosevelt produces the record’s instrumental backdrop, an airy mix of synths and samples driven by a muscular bassline. Like what you’re hearing? More awaits on Journey (the EP), available now for free digital download.
Written by richard on 07/22/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.