Fifty-plus years after Audrey Hepburn’s iconic turn in Breakfast at Tiffany‘s, the name “Holly Golightly” is still synonymous with women who are urbane, free-spirited, uncannily alluring and ultimately unattainable. On Booth debut and new single Vinyl Fling, K-Prime finds himself head-over-heels for just such a specimen. Backed by SUPERLATIVe and Meech Gold‘s mellow, jazzy production, the Queens repper does his damndest to win her over, mixing earnest flattery (“I know women like you / Chillin’, independent like you / Determined, with a driven IQ.”) with erudite references to the musical greats. Will he succeed in his quest? Based on the movie’s surprise ending, there may be hope (although things don’t turn out quite so well in the original Turman Capote novel). Either way, listeners charmed by Vinyl Fling will want to keep it locked for latest leading up to the currently unscheduled release of K-Prime’s next mixtape, I Don’t Know Yet.
Written by richard on 10/11/12
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)