Fifty-plus years after Audrey Hepburn’s iconic turn in Breakfast at Tiffany‘s, the name “Holly Golightly” is still synonymous with women who are urbane, free-spirited, uncannily alluring and ultimately unattainable. On Booth debut and new single Vinyl Fling, K-Prime finds himself head-over-heels for just such a specimen. Backed by SUPERLATIVe and Meech Gold‘s mellow, jazzy production, the Queens repper does his damndest to win her over, mixing earnest flattery (“I know women like you / Chillin’, independent like you / Determined, with a driven IQ.”) with erudite references to the musical greats. Will he succeed in his quest? Based on the movie’s surprise ending, there may be hope (although things don’t turn out quite so well in the original Turman Capote novel). Either way, listeners charmed by Vinyl Fling will want to keep it locked for latest leading up to the currently unscheduled release of K-Prime’s next mixtape, I Don’t Know Yet.
Written by richard on 10/11/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)