Fifty-plus years after Audrey Hepburn’s iconic turn in Breakfast at Tiffany‘s, the name “Holly Golightly” is still synonymous with women who are urbane, free-spirited, uncannily alluring and ultimately unattainable. On Booth debut and new single Vinyl Fling, K-Prime finds himself head-over-heels for just such a specimen. Backed by SUPERLATIVe and Meech Gold‘s mellow, jazzy production, the Queens repper does his damndest to win her over, mixing earnest flattery (“I know women like you / Chillin’, independent like you / Determined, with a driven IQ.”) with erudite references to the musical greats. Will he succeed in his quest? Based on the movie’s surprise ending, there may be hope (although things don’t turn out quite so well in the original Turman Capote novel). Either way, listeners charmed by Vinyl Fling will want to keep it locked for latest leading up to the currently unscheduled release of K-Prime’s next mixtape, I Don’t Know Yet.
Written by richard on 10/11/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.