How’s K. Michelle planning on celebrating the impending release of her debut studio album? No, she’s not going to Disneyworld; as the Atlantic Records soul songstress reveals on the lead single off the project, she’s more interested in spending a “very special” night with her man. V.S.O.P. takes its name from “Very Superior Old Pale,”one of the categories France’s BNIC uses to evaluate the quality of cognac. (V.S., or Very Special, is the rank below V.S.O.P., though the two are commonly confused.) The record itself is just as smooth and luxurious as that name suggests, featuring the Booth-approved crooner’s silky vocal stylings and a lush instrumental backdrop by Pop N Oak (sampled from Debra Laws’ ‘81 classic, Very Special). Rebellious Soul is slated to hit record stores and online retailers July 20. In the meantime, you can click here to cop V.S.O.P. on iTunes.
Written by richard on 05/21/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Go On" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.