How’s K. Michelle planning on celebrating the impending release of her debut studio album? No, she’s not going to Disneyworld; as the Atlantic Records soul songstress reveals on the lead single off the project, she’s more interested in spending a “very special” night with her man. V.S.O.P. takes its name from “Very Superior Old Pale,”one of the categories France’s BNIC uses to evaluate the quality of cognac. (V.S., or Very Special, is the rank below V.S.O.P., though the two are commonly confused.) The record itself is just as smooth and luxurious as that name suggests, featuring the Booth-approved crooner’s silky vocal stylings and a lush instrumental backdrop by Pop N Oak (sampled from Debra Laws’ ‘81 classic, Very Special). Rebellious Soul is slated to hit record stores and online retailers July 20. In the meantime, you can click here to cop V.S.O.P. on iTunes.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Go On" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.