How’s K. Michelle planning on celebrating the impending release of her debut studio album? No, she’s not going to Disneyworld; as the Atlantic Records soul songstress reveals on the lead single off the project, she’s more interested in spending a “very special” night with her man. V.S.O.P. takes its name from “Very Superior Old Pale,”one of the categories France’s BNIC uses to evaluate the quality of cognac. (V.S., or Very Special, is the rank below V.S.O.P., though the two are commonly confused.) The record itself is just as smooth and luxurious as that name suggests, featuring the Booth-approved crooner’s silky vocal stylings and a lush instrumental backdrop by Pop N Oak (sampled from Debra Laws’ ‘81 classic, Very Special). Rebellious Soul is slated to hit record stores and online retailers July 20. In the meantime, you can click here to cop V.S.O.P. on iTunes.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Go On" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.