How’s K. Michelle planning on celebrating the impending release of her debut studio album? No, she’s not going to Disneyworld; as the Atlantic Records soul songstress reveals on the lead single off the project, she’s more interested in spending a “very special” night with her man. V.S.O.P. takes its name from “Very Superior Old Pale,”one of the categories France’s BNIC uses to evaluate the quality of cognac. (V.S., or Very Special, is the rank below V.S.O.P., though the two are commonly confused.) The record itself is just as smooth and luxurious as that name suggests, featuring the Booth-approved crooner’s silky vocal stylings and a lush instrumental backdrop by Pop N Oak (sampled from Debra Laws’ ‘81 classic, Very Special). Rebellious Soul is slated to hit record stores and online retailers July 20. In the meantime, you can click here to cop V.S.O.P. on iTunes.
Written by richard on 05/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Go On" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)