How many times does DJBooth have to tell you that K. Michelle is one of the strongest young voices in the industry before the world takes notice? On her new potential single the Memphis bred singer is asking the exact same question. Ok, maybe not the exact same question. Instead of scolding those who have slept on her talent Michelle is asking how many heartbreaks have to mount before she finally dumps that no-good man, but the sentiment’s the same. Providing backing for her powerhouse vocals are producer Blac Elvis, who crafts an old-school influenced beat whose piano lines remind me of a Young Jeezy song I can’t quite place (anyone?) and Sean Garrett, who once again lends his hit-making pen to the songwriting. But fittingly this is Michelle’s show from beginning to end, and in classic R&B style she not only hits all the right notes, but lets her emotion bleed through the mix as well. Will this finally be the song that gets her long-awaited album Pain Medicine a solid release date? Only time, and the comments below, will tell.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/21/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Go On" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.