How many times does DJBooth have to tell you that K. Michelle is one of the strongest young voices in the industry before the world takes notice? On her new potential single the Memphis bred singer is asking the exact same question. Ok, maybe not the exact same question. Instead of scolding those who have slept on her talent Michelle is asking how many heartbreaks have to mount before she finally dumps that no-good man, but the sentiment’s the same. Providing backing for her powerhouse vocals are producer Blac Elvis, who crafts an old-school influenced beat whose piano lines remind me of a Young Jeezy song I can’t quite place (anyone?) and Sean Garrett, who once again lends his hit-making pen to the songwriting. But fittingly this is Michelle’s show from beginning to end, and in classic R&B style she not only hits all the right notes, but lets her emotion bleed through the mix as well. Will this finally be the song that gets her long-awaited album Pain Medicine a solid release date? Only time, and the comments below, will tell.
Listen to More: K. Michelle
Written by Nathan S. on 02/21/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Go On" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.