Back in the ‘50s—hell, even the ‘80s—if K. Michelle had released her new single I Just Wanna, I think it’s safe to assume the song and its content matter would not have gone over well. Thankfully (hopefully), here in the 21st century, nobody will have a problem with her taste for no-strings-attached trysts. Over a smooth piano foundation arranged by Progressive Music Group, Michelle explains that she doesn’t want a relationship, but rather a boy
friend toy for the night. After just one listen it is clear that her laissez-faire approach to relationships is just as refreshing as her sultry, heartfelt vocal style. I Just Wanna is the latest single off her Atlantic Records debut album, Rebellious Soul, due out sometime later this year.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Go On" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.