Back in the ‘50s—hell, even the ‘80s—if K. Michelle had released her new single I Just Wanna, I think it’s safe to assume the song and its content matter would not have gone over well. Thankfully (hopefully), here in the 21st century, nobody will have a problem with her taste for no-strings-attached trysts. Over a smooth piano foundation arranged by Progressive Music Group, Michelle explains that she doesn’t want a relationship, but rather a boy
friend toy for the night. After just one listen it is clear that her laissez-faire approach to relationships is just as refreshing as her sultry, heartfelt vocal style. I Just Wanna is the latest single off her Atlantic Records debut album, Rebellious Soul, due out sometime later this year.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Go On" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.