Back in the ‘50s—hell, even the ‘80s—if K. Michelle had released her new single I Just Wanna, I think it’s safe to assume the song and its content matter would not have gone over well. Thankfully (hopefully), here in the 21st century, nobody will have a problem with her taste for no-strings-attached trysts. Over a smooth piano foundation arranged by Progressive Music Group, Michelle explains that she doesn’t want a relationship, but rather a boy
friend toy for the night. After just one listen it is clear that her laissez-faire approach to relationships is just as refreshing as her sultry, heartfelt vocal style. I Just Wanna is the latest single off her Atlantic Records debut album, Rebellious Soul, due out sometime later this year.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Go On" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!