Back in the ‘50s—hell, even the ‘80s—if K. Michelle had released her new single I Just Wanna, I think it’s safe to assume the song and its content matter would not have gone over well. Thankfully (hopefully), here in the 21st century, nobody will have a problem with her taste for no-strings-attached trysts. Over a smooth piano foundation arranged by Progressive Music Group, Michelle explains that she doesn’t want a relationship, but rather a boy
friend toy for the night. After just one listen it is clear that her laissez-faire approach to relationships is just as refreshing as her sultry, heartfelt vocal style. I Just Wanna is the latest single off her Atlantic Records debut album, Rebellious Soul, due out sometime later this year.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Go On" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.