Back in the ‘50s—hell, even the ‘80s—if K. Michelle had released her new single I Just Wanna, I think it’s safe to assume the song and its content matter would not have gone over well. Thankfully (hopefully), here in the 21st century, nobody will have a problem with her taste for no-strings-attached trysts. Over a smooth piano foundation arranged by Progressive Music Group, Michelle explains that she doesn’t want a relationship, but rather a boy
friend toy for the night. After just one listen it is clear that her laissez-faire approach to relationships is just as refreshing as her sultry, heartfelt vocal style. I Just Wanna is the latest single off her Atlantic Records debut album, Rebellious Soul, due out sometime later this year.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/24/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Go On" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.