When a female singer emerges onto the scene and croons about anything other than love or breaking up, it seems that they are automatically pegged as a neo-soul artist. In the case of singer K. Michelle, however, the unconventional 22-year-old that should not be pegged as anything but an expressionist. Her current single, Can’t Go On, is a passionately cold look in the mirror, in which she confesses to having made mistakes. This raw reflection of the obstacles she struggles to overcome (and the feelings that surround her choices) has garnered radio and online buzz, thanks in part to Atlanta producers The Platinum Brothers, whose Mark Batson-esque beat serves as K. Michelle’s diary.
Written by Erica L. on 05/29/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Self Made ft. Trina" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.