When a female singer emerges onto the scene and croons about anything other than love or breaking up, it seems that they are automatically pegged as a neo-soul artist. In the case of singer K. Michelle, however, the unconventional 22-year-old that should not be pegged as anything but an expressionist. Her current single, Can’t Go On, is a passionately cold look in the mirror, in which she confesses to having made mistakes. This raw reflection of the obstacles she struggles to overcome (and the feelings that surround her choices) has garnered radio and online buzz, thanks in part to Atlanta producers The Platinum Brothers, whose Mark Batson-esque beat serves as K. Michelle’s diary.
Listen to More: K. Michelle
Written by Erica L. on 05/29/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Self Made ft. Trina" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.