When a female singer emerges onto the scene and croons about anything other than love or breaking up, it seems that they are automatically pegged as a neo-soul artist. In the case of singer K. Michelle, however, the unconventional 22-year-old that should not be pegged as anything but an expressionist. Her current single, Can’t Go On, is a passionately cold look in the mirror, in which she confesses to having made mistakes. This raw reflection of the obstacles she struggles to overcome (and the feelings that surround her choices) has garnered radio and online buzz, thanks in part to Atlanta producers The Platinum Brothers, whose Mark Batson-esque beat serves as K. Michelle’s diary.
Listen to More: K. Michelle
Written by Erica L. on 05/29/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Self Made ft. Trina" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)