When a female singer emerges onto the scene and croons about anything other than love or breaking up, it seems that they are automatically pegged as a neo-soul artist. In the case of singer K. Michelle, however, the unconventional 22-year-old that should not be pegged as anything but an expressionist. Her current single, Can’t Go On, is a passionately cold look in the mirror, in which she confesses to having made mistakes. This raw reflection of the obstacles she struggles to overcome (and the feelings that surround her choices) has garnered radio and online buzz, thanks in part to Atlanta producers The Platinum Brothers, whose Mark Batson-esque beat serves as K. Michelle’s diary.
Written by Erica L. on 05/29/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Self Made ft. Trina" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.