I must have a dirty mind, because when I hit “play” on K-Hill‘s latest single, I was fully expecting to hear the First in Flight State rapper, producer and CEO brag about his oral skills for three-and-a-half minutes. Much to my shock and amazement, though, Power of the Tongue II is about nothing of the sort. Instead, the record is an incisive examination of the ways in which words and images produced by hip-hop come to affect reality. Over Analogic‘s soul-sampled production, the artist reminds us of the many occasions on which rappers’ lives have imitated their art, landing them in prison—or, if they’re less lucky, in an early grave. For Power of the Tongue II and much more, check out K-Hill’s Achilles Hill EP when it drops digitally next week, February 26.
Written by richard on 02/19/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Covenant" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.