Don’t let the title of her latest promo single fool you; K. Flay is no saint. Nor is she a sinner, according to Hail Mary‘s chorus. Whatever you choose to call her, the RCA Records signee is an electrifying presence on the mic. Backed by Felix Cartal‘s densely-scorching synth boardwork, the B.K.-by-way-of-Chicago recording artist delivers provocative, rapped bars as well as sultry chorus vocals. It’s guest artist Danny Brown, however, who arguably steals the show; his feverish, beat-switched middle 16 is dynamic even by the Motown phenom’s standards. Though this joint isn’t part of the project, those feeling it are sure to find more to their liking on Flay’s West Ghost street album, available for free via the artist’s official site.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!