Don’t let the title of her latest promo single fool you; K. Flay is no saint. Nor is she a sinner, according to Hail Mary‘s chorus. Whatever you choose to call her, the RCA Records signee is an electrifying presence on the mic. Backed by Felix Cartal‘s densely-scorching synth boardwork, the B.K.-by-way-of-Chicago recording artist delivers provocative, rapped bars as well as sultry chorus vocals. It’s guest artist Danny Brown, however, who arguably steals the show; his feverish, beat-switched middle 16 is dynamic even by the Motown phenom’s standards. Though this joint isn’t part of the project, those feeling it are sure to find more to their liking on Flay’s West Ghost street album, available for free via the artist’s official site.
Written by richard on 04/5/13
Submit your Rating
Bummer Picnic Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make Me Fade" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.