Don’t let the title of her latest promo single fool you; K. Flay is no saint. Nor is she a sinner, according to Hail Mary‘s chorus. Whatever you choose to call her, the RCA Records signee is an electrifying presence on the mic. Backed by Felix Cartal‘s densely-scorching synth boardwork, the B.K.-by-way-of-Chicago recording artist delivers provocative, rapped bars as well as sultry chorus vocals. It’s guest artist Danny Brown, however, who arguably steals the show; his feverish, beat-switched middle 16 is dynamic even by the Motown phenom’s standards. Though this joint isn’t part of the project, those feeling it are sure to find more to their liking on Flay’s West Ghost street album, available for free via the artist’s official site.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.