Don’t let the title of her latest promo single fool you; K. Flay is no saint. Nor is she a sinner, according to Hail Mary‘s chorus. Whatever you choose to call her, the RCA Records signee is an electrifying presence on the mic. Backed by Felix Cartal‘s densely-scorching synth boardwork, the B.K.-by-way-of-Chicago recording artist delivers provocative, rapped bars as well as sultry chorus vocals. It’s guest artist Danny Brown, however, who arguably steals the show; his feverish, beat-switched middle 16 is dynamic even by the Motown phenom’s standards. Though this joint isn’t part of the project, those feeling it are sure to find more to their liking on Flay’s West Ghost street album, available for free via the artist’s official site.
Written by richard on 04/5/13
Submit your Rating
Bummer Picnic Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make Me Fade" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.