Journey’s Don’t Stop Believing has been a staple of karaoke bars, Glee clubs and shower singing sessions for decades, but rarely has hip-hop attempted to touch the ‘80s rock classic…until today. For his DJBooth debut, FameU representer K-Deez drops off the video premiere of his new 22 Summers single, which finds producer Rock Auction interpolating Journey’s original with strings and banging bass. Add in both a familiar melody and some relentlessly ambitious rhymes from K-Deez and you’ve got a rock/rap combination to remember. If the title track has you in the mood for more genre-bending hip-hop, be sure to cop his 22 Summers album, available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/26/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.