Journey’s Don’t Stop Believing has been a staple of karaoke bars, Glee clubs and shower singing sessions for decades, but rarely has hip-hop attempted to touch the ‘80s rock classic…until today. For his DJBooth debut, FameU representer K-Deez drops off the video premiere of his new 22 Summers single, which finds producer Rock Auction interpolating Journey’s original with strings and banging bass. Add in both a familiar melody and some relentlessly ambitious rhymes from K-Deez and you’ve got a rock/rap combination to remember. If the title track has you in the mood for more genre-bending hip-hop, be sure to cop his 22 Summers album, available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/26/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.