Journey’s Don’t Stop Believing has been a staple of karaoke bars, Glee clubs and shower singing sessions for decades, but rarely has hip-hop attempted to touch the ‘80s rock classic…until today. For his DJBooth debut, FameU representer K-Deez drops off the video premiere of his new 22 Summers single, which finds producer Rock Auction interpolating Journey’s original with strings and banging bass. Add in both a familiar melody and some relentlessly ambitious rhymes from K-Deez and you’ve got a rock/rap combination to remember. If the title track has you in the mood for more genre-bending hip-hop, be sure to cop his 22 Summers album, available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/26/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.