Journey’s Don’t Stop Believing has been a staple of karaoke bars, Glee clubs and shower singing sessions for decades, but rarely has hip-hop attempted to touch the ‘80s rock classic…until today. For his DJBooth debut, FameU representer K-Deez drops off the video premiere of his new 22 Summers single, which finds producer Rock Auction interpolating Journey’s original with strings and banging bass. Add in both a familiar melody and some relentlessly ambitious rhymes from K-Deez and you’ve got a rock/rap combination to remember. If the title track has you in the mood for more genre-bending hip-hop, be sure to cop his 22 Summers album, available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/26/12
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.