A pair of North Carolina brothers who were were crafting babymaking ballads back when I was still rocking Power Rangers Underoos, K-Ci & Jojo have been quiet since the 2002 release of their fourth studio album, Emotional. Yesterday, however, the twosome lit the fuse on their impending comeback with Knock It Off, the lead single off what will be their first full-length in more than a decade. (I’m not counting ‘08’s Love LP, as it was Japan-only.) To my ears, they haven’t missed a step; over High Octayne Musik‘s production, a sultry, guitar-laced groove with a chopped-and-screwed hook, the duo showcase the same soulful vocal interplay that won listeners over back in the Clinton years. This cut will be part of a forthcoming album via eOne Records. The set currently lacks both a title and a solid drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with further singles and release details as they emerge.
Written by richard on 06/27/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.