At both the start and end of Virginia emcee K-Beta‘s latest DJBooth premiere Pakistan the emcee eerily states that, “I hate it when I dream and I wake up shivering.” This line sets the tone for the entire song as Beta drops his first verse, which is heavy on his nightmarish disturbing visions. Looking to impress newcomers, on Pakistan‘s second verse the DMV representer shows off his way with words as he raps, “I create tension thick enough to stick a fork through/ Spit pure get more twisted than a corkscrew.” Well, damn. Despite the slightly ominous vibe of the song producer J-$crilla keeps the instrumental foundation on Pakistan a little more upbeat as he blends heavy drums kicks with sonic synths. Details on K-Beta’s forthcoming album remain scarce, but with his last album released well over two years ago it’s certain that the wait will be over soon.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/10/12
Inner Loop Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Life Soldiers" (2009)
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.