At both the start and end of Virginia emcee K-Beta‘s latest DJBooth premiere Pakistan the emcee eerily states that, “I hate it when I dream and I wake up shivering.” This line sets the tone for the entire song as Beta drops his first verse, which is heavy on his nightmarish disturbing visions. Looking to impress newcomers, on Pakistan‘s second verse the DMV representer shows off his way with words as he raps, “I create tension thick enough to stick a fork through/ Spit pure get more twisted than a corkscrew.” Well, damn. Despite the slightly ominous vibe of the song producer J-$crilla keeps the instrumental foundation on Pakistan a little more upbeat as he blends heavy drums kicks with sonic synths. Details on K-Beta’s forthcoming album remain scarce, but with his last album released well over two years ago it’s certain that the wait will be over soon.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/10/12
Submit your Rating
Inner Loop Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Life Soldiers" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)