On his new The DJBooth world premiere, K-Beta lets us all know why N*ggas Know the Deal as the emcee gives us a raw slice of his mic skills over what sounds to be a Queens-influenced instrumental from J-$crilla that’s not afraid to get grimey. After fellow DMV representer Uptown XO opens with an impossible to ignore guest verse, Beta kicks off his mic work by promising that he’s so allergic to fakery that you can smell the realness on his breath. In line after line the headliner ensures that listeners, and foes, will be forced to respect him both in and out of the studio. With a much different sound from his last feature, Pakistan, Deal serves as another dope reminder why we need to keep an eye out for his new album, Dumpster Dive, reportedly “coming soon”.
Written by Ian Harris on 09/2/12
Submit your Rating
Inner Loop Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Life Soldiers" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.