Thanksgiving ‘09’s come and gone, but it’s never a bad time to count your blessings. On unreleased cut I’m Grateful, Virginian emcee K-Beta (previously heard on J-$crilla‘s No Love and Thad Reid‘s Life Soldiers) does just that, reflecting on the spiritual war going on around us, the healing power of music and the many things people take for granted. His number-one blessing? “I’m healthy – after the day that I run out of tracks to destroy, I have a life that I’ll be able to relax and enjoy.” Beatsmith Switch sets an appropriately mellow, dreamy mood, backing Beta’s philosophical musings with a chopped guitar-organ sample, and singer Nia K. Lewis tops the record off with some soulful chorus vocals. Positive-minded jams, particularly those with spiritual themes, are almost guaranteed to earn acclaim in the Booth, and I see no reason why Grateful should be an exception. If K-Beta’s insightful rhymes leave you craving more, keep it locked. This cut isn’t slated to appear on any forthcoming project, but you can rest assured we’ll bring you all the latest tunes from this promising up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 12/1/09
Submit your Rating
Inner Loop Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Life Soldiers" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.