Thanksgiving ‘09’s come and gone, but it’s never a bad time to count your blessings. On unreleased cut I’m Grateful, Virginian emcee K-Beta (previously heard on J-$crilla‘s No Love and Thad Reid‘s Life Soldiers) does just that, reflecting on the spiritual war going on around us, the healing power of music and the many things people take for granted. His number-one blessing? “I’m healthy – after the day that I run out of tracks to destroy, I have a life that I’ll be able to relax and enjoy.” Beatsmith Switch sets an appropriately mellow, dreamy mood, backing Beta’s philosophical musings with a chopped guitar-organ sample, and singer Nia K. Lewis tops the record off with some soulful chorus vocals. Positive-minded jams, particularly those with spiritual themes, are almost guaranteed to earn acclaim in the Booth, and I see no reason why Grateful should be an exception. If K-Beta’s insightful rhymes leave you craving more, keep it locked. This cut isn’t slated to appear on any forthcoming project, but you can rest assured we’ll bring you all the latest tunes from this promising up-and-comer.
Listen to More: K-Beta Written by richard
Inner Loop Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Life Soldiers" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.