Thanksgiving ‘09’s come and gone, but it’s never a bad time to count your blessings. On unreleased cut I’m Grateful, Virginian emcee K-Beta (previously heard on J-$crilla‘s No Love and Thad Reid‘s Life Soldiers) does just that, reflecting on the spiritual war going on around us, the healing power of music and the many things people take for granted. His number-one blessing? “I’m healthy – after the day that I run out of tracks to destroy, I have a life that I’ll be able to relax and enjoy.” Beatsmith Switch sets an appropriately mellow, dreamy mood, backing Beta’s philosophical musings with a chopped guitar-organ sample, and singer Nia K. Lewis tops the record off with some soulful chorus vocals. Positive-minded jams, particularly those with spiritual themes, are almost guaranteed to earn acclaim in the Booth, and I see no reason why Grateful should be an exception. If K-Beta’s insightful rhymes leave you craving more, keep it locked. This cut isn’t slated to appear on any forthcoming project, but you can rest assured we’ll bring you all the latest tunes from this promising up-and-comer.
Listen to More: K-Beta
Written by richard on 12/1/09
Inner Loop Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Life Soldiers" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.