The last time we heard from DMV heavyweight K-Beta he was bringing us some musical joy in the form of the uplifting, Booth approved I’m Grateful. Well, times have changed. Beta’s latest offering is the intensely emotional I’m Bleeding, a track that more than lives up to its heavy title. On Bleeding producer Team Demo has constructed a soulful beat that seamlessly incorporates ethereal vocal samples and heavy percussion (shades of Wayne’s I Feel Like Dying anyone?), the perfect backdrop for Beta’s always deep rhymes, which here touch on all the ways people in pain bleed, both literally and metaphorically: “The bones are hollow and dry, no marrow, hard to squeeze out a breath with the pipes so narrow.” Lyrics like that make the track a must-listen, you just may not want to bump it while depressed and drinking. A firm project has yet to materialize for Beta so I’m Bleeding is currently unattached, but we’ll be sure to let you know the latest developments from one of rap’s dopest up-and-coming emcees.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/21/09
Submit your Rating
Inner Loop Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Life Soldiers" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.