The hallmark of a true artist isn’t talent, it’s versatility. It’s not that hard to do the same thing over and over again, like LMFAO; what’s far more difficult is to cover the entire musical landscape, like K-Beta. Having already dropped an uplifting anthem (I’m Grateful), a heart wrenching emotional cut (I’m Bleeding) and an epically oriented joint (Black Business), the newest pride of the DMV is now delving into the complicated world of relationships on his new leak Come Closer. Accompanied by the sauntering, soulful boardwork of producer E-Minah and some soaring vocals from newcomer Mina on the chorus, K-Beta uses Come Closer as an opportunity to break down the complexities of a love on the verge of breakdown: “…that which kept her from giving in completely / to love and thus giving him, what he needed to become the man she saw beneath.” Dr. Phil never sounded this dope. For more sonic versatility like Come Closer be sure to check out Beta’s upcoming Inglorious Beta project, set to drop exclusively on DJBooth.net April 1.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/5/10
Submit your Rating
Inner Loop Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Life Soldiers" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)