The hallmark of a true artist isn’t talent, it’s versatility. It’s not that hard to do the same thing over and over again, like LMFAO; what’s far more difficult is to cover the entire musical landscape, like K-Beta. Having already dropped an uplifting anthem (I’m Grateful), a heart wrenching emotional cut (I’m Bleeding) and an epically oriented joint (Black Business), the newest pride of the DMV is now delving into the complicated world of relationships on his new leak Come Closer. Accompanied by the sauntering, soulful boardwork of producer E-Minah and some soaring vocals from newcomer Mina on the chorus, K-Beta uses Come Closer as an opportunity to break down the complexities of a love on the verge of breakdown: “…that which kept her from giving in completely / to love and thus giving him, what he needed to become the man she saw beneath.” Dr. Phil never sounded this dope. For more sonic versatility like Come Closer be sure to check out Beta’s upcoming Inglorious Beta project, set to drop exclusively on DJBooth.net April 1.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/5/10
Submit your Rating
Inner Loop Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Life Soldiers" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.