The hallmark of a true artist isn’t talent, it’s versatility. It’s not that hard to do the same thing over and over again, like LMFAO; what’s far more difficult is to cover the entire musical landscape, like K-Beta. Having already dropped an uplifting anthem (I’m Grateful), a heart wrenching emotional cut (I’m Bleeding) and an epically oriented joint (Black Business), the newest pride of the DMV is now delving into the complicated world of relationships on his new leak Come Closer. Accompanied by the sauntering, soulful boardwork of producer E-Minah and some soaring vocals from newcomer Mina on the chorus, K-Beta uses Come Closer as an opportunity to break down the complexities of a love on the verge of breakdown: “…that which kept her from giving in completely / to love and thus giving him, what he needed to become the man she saw beneath.” Dr. Phil never sounded this dope. For more sonic versatility like Come Closer be sure to check out Beta’s upcoming Inglorious Beta project, set to drop exclusively on DJBooth.net April 1.
Listen to More: K-Beta
Written by Nathan S. on 02/5/10
Inner Loop Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Life Soldiers" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.