As a D.C. native, I’m going to take the time to issue this very biased but very true declaration: The DMV’s sound is like no other. It can be compared to other sounds - but not fairly - and its style can’t be duplicated or recycled (thanks for that line, Missy Elliott). With that said, K-Beta delivers the goods yet again with Burn Thru the Journal, a forceful, high-energy street banger that, lyrically, has Beta chronicling his rise in the hip-hop game. With a multilayered, slightly jazz-tinged beat provided by J-$crilla, Beta delivers his verses so insistently that it makes his passion for his craft evident to anyone listening. Where this DMV star shines, though, is in self-sufficiency, also known as “I don’t need a guest feature to sound hot.” If his recent Booth feature Black Business didn’t prove the man’s skills, then this one does. Look out for Burn Thru the Journal on Beta’s DJBooth.net-sponsored album The Inglorious Beta, set to drop April 1.
Written by Matty K on 03/25/10
Submit your Rating
Inner Loop Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Life Soldiers" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.