As a D.C. native, I’m going to take the time to issue this very biased but very true declaration: The DMV’s sound is like no other. It can be compared to other sounds - but not fairly - and its style can’t be duplicated or recycled (thanks for that line, Missy Elliott). With that said, K-Beta delivers the goods yet again with Burn Thru the Journal, a forceful, high-energy street banger that, lyrically, has Beta chronicling his rise in the hip-hop game. With a multilayered, slightly jazz-tinged beat provided by J-$crilla, Beta delivers his verses so insistently that it makes his passion for his craft evident to anyone listening. Where this DMV star shines, though, is in self-sufficiency, also known as “I don’t need a guest feature to sound hot.” If his recent Booth feature Black Business didn’t prove the man’s skills, then this one does. Look out for Burn Thru the Journal on Beta’s DJBooth.net-sponsored album The Inglorious Beta, set to drop April 1.
Written by Matty K on 03/25/10
Inner Loop Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Life Soldiers" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.