To achieve Success, you’ve got to be willing to struggle, fall, and pick yourself up off the floor time and time again. On the latest single off his (extremely) long-awaited, DJBooth-hosted mixtape, J.Y. emphasizes just how much he’s willing to put himself through to make his dream a reality, flowing over the understated boardwork of JRB. ScienZe and Dom O Briggs contributes equally determination-drenched guest bars, and Felicia Temple handles the hook. While the arrival of The Slave Shift: Falling Up on our mixtape page remains unscheduled after numerous pushbacks, rest assured that we’ll keep you posted on the project as release details emerge.
Written by richard on 06/14/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Tell Me What It Is (Remix) ft. Joe Budden & Cory Gunz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.