To achieve Success, you’ve got to be willing to struggle, fall, and pick yourself up off the floor time and time again. On the latest single off his (extremely) long-awaited, DJBooth-hosted mixtape, J.Y. emphasizes just how much he’s willing to put himself through to make his dream a reality, flowing over the understated boardwork of JRB. ScienZe and Dom O Briggs contributes equally determination-drenched guest bars, and Felicia Temple handles the hook. While the arrival of The Slave Shift: Falling Up on our mixtape page remains unscheduled after numerous pushbacks, rest assured that we’ll keep you posted on the project as release details emerge.
Written by richard on 06/14/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Tell Me What It Is (Remix) ft. Joe Budden & Cory Gunz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.