Boston’s own Jy-Shoun is an artist whose long and arduous grind has finally begin to bear fruit. After amassing behind-the-scenes credits concocting hits for artists like Keyshia Cole, Rick Ross, Keri Hilson, and Sean Garrett, the singer/songwriter is finally ready to take center stage with the release of his debut single, Incomplete. The record finds him pleading for the love of a lady who he just can’t seem to let go. Over a somber beat courtesy of A-Rex Productions, Jy invites the listener into his soul, exhibiting a conversational vocal style that brings to mind a combination of Mario and The-Dream. Jy-Shoun’s debut album, Relationships, is set for release on March 4.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/24/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.