Boston’s own Jy-Shoun is an artist whose long and arduous grind has finally begin to bear fruit. After amassing behind-the-scenes credits concocting hits for artists like Keyshia Cole, Rick Ross, Keri Hilson, and Sean Garrett, the singer/songwriter is finally ready to take center stage with the release of his debut single, Incomplete. The record finds him pleading for the love of a lady who he just can’t seem to let go. Over a somber beat courtesy of A-Rex Productions, Jy invites the listener into his soul, exhibiting a conversational vocal style that brings to mind a combination of Mario and The-Dream. Jy-Shoun’s debut album, Relationships, is set for release on March 4.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/24/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.