Boston’s own Jy-Shoun is an artist whose long and arduous grind has finally begin to bear fruit. After amassing behind-the-scenes credits concocting hits for artists like Keyshia Cole, Rick Ross, Keri Hilson, and Sean Garrett, the singer/songwriter is finally ready to take center stage with the release of his debut single, Incomplete. The record finds him pleading for the love of a lady who he just can’t seem to let go. Over a somber beat courtesy of A-Rex Productions, Jy invites the listener into his soul, exhibiting a conversational vocal style that brings to mind a combination of Mario and The-Dream. Jy-Shoun’s debut album, Relationships, is set for release on March 4.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/24/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.