Though anyone who’s followed J.Y.‘s career to date knows that he has a hell of a lot going for him, there are days that make the Jersey repper wonder whether he can continue Down the Road we call life. The latest entry in the artist’s F#ck Work Mondays series, this cathartic joint finds J.Y. working through his feelings of desperation over a pensive instrumental by Nard & B. Singer/songwriter Matt Mutso guests, contributing his emotionally-fraught vocals to the record’s chorus. Stay tuned for further entries in J.Y.‘s ongoing series, and watch for his DJBooth-sponsored The Slave Shift Falling Up street album to hit our mixtape page for free streaming and download in January.
Written by richard on 12/13/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Tell Me What It Is (Remix) ft. Joe Budden & Cory Gunz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.