Though anyone who’s followed J.Y.‘s career to date knows that he has a hell of a lot going for him, there are days that make the Jersey repper wonder whether he can continue Down the Road we call life. The latest entry in the artist’s F#ck Work Mondays series, this cathartic joint finds J.Y. working through his feelings of desperation over a pensive instrumental by Nard & B. Singer/songwriter Matt Mutso guests, contributing his emotionally-fraught vocals to the record’s chorus. Stay tuned for further entries in J.Y.‘s ongoing series, and watch for his DJBooth-sponsored The Slave Shift Falling Up street album to hit our mixtape page for free streaming and download in January.
Written by richard on 12/13/11
Jersey emcee J.Y. has come together with The DJBooth and his own site, WhoisJY.com, to bring listeners his long-awaited junior full-length, The Slave Shift: Falling Up. The follow-up to last year's Waking Down, the project...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Tell Me What It Is (Remix) ft. Joe Budden & Cory Gunz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.