Flying to exotic locales, performing to crowds of adoring fans and, above all, spending your time doing what you love… the life of an artist on the rise seems tailor-made to turn those with more mundane jobs green with envy. Be that as it may, J.Y. Can’t Pretend he’s feeling anything less than amazing. On the first single off his forthcoming mixtape, the Jersey representative and two talented cohorts take listeners on a tour of the World [They] Know, making no apologies for their contented mindstates. The Fortunate Ones’ shimmering piano instrumental, sampled from John Legend‘s Again, sets the stage for bars brimming with real talk and positivity. After the headliner’s fresh opener, Cory Gunz and Emilio Rojas take the reins, lacing the latter two-thirds with, respectively, vivid braggadocio (“I’m fly enough to go off in a leotard and cape.”) and ambitious business-talk (“‘Fore I see that contract, send it to my lawyer/ getting f*cked, we ain’t on that.) Feel like spending a little more time in J.Y.‘s world? You’ll have the perfect opportunity on June 28, when his Booth-hosted The Slave Shift: Falling Up street album arrives on our mixtape page.
Written by richard on 05/19/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Tell Me What It Is (Remix) ft. Joe Budden & Cory Gunz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)