After more than a year’s wait and numerous pushbacks, The Slave Shift: Falling Up is so close I can taste it. (And believe me, it’s delicious.) Before unleashing the project in its full glory, however, J.Y.‘s decided to tantalize his fanbase with one final song release. Break Down (Revisited) follows in the grimy, street-ready footsteps of its predecessor, The Switch Up. With the artist’s own grimy synths, trunk-banging percussion and power-drill flourishes as his canvas, the Garden State representative flaunts his love for Mary Jane and his penchant for stealing girlfriends in swagger-soaked bars. Heavyweight singer/songwriter Rico Love dons his “rapper” hat to celebrate his own knack for cuckolding lames on the opening verse. Feeling it? Then be sure to check back with The DJBooth tomorrow, September 27, when The Slave Shift: Falling Up arrives on our front page for free streaming and digital download.
Written by richard on 09/26/12
Jersey emcee J.Y. has come together with The DJBooth and his own site, WhoisJY.com, to bring listeners his long-awaited junior full-length, The Slave Shift: Falling Up. The follow-up to last year's Waking Down, the project...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Tell Me What It Is (Remix) ft. Joe Budden & Cory Gunz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.