Been debating whether to invest in a private jet or settle for a new vacation home? Then Juvenile‘s latest cut ain’t for you. This freshly-released promo single, the artist’s first solo feature since September 2012’s Picture Perfect, is dedicated to those putting in overtime just to keep a roof over their heads. As the New Orleans mainstay puts it on the hook, “My n**gas hustle hard just to Pay the Rent.” Juvie ain’t the only emcee who knows the value of a dollar; joining the headliner over Sinister‘s sizzling street instrumental, renowned trappers Yo Gotti and Young Jeezy offer listeners a glimpse at their respective balance sheets on the second and third verses. Pay the Rent isn’t attached to a larger project, but those feeling it can, of course, keep it locked for more fresh material from all involved.
Written by richard on 08/7/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.