Been debating whether to invest in a private jet or settle for a new vacation home? Then Juvenile‘s latest cut ain’t for you. This freshly-released promo single, the artist’s first solo feature since September 2012’s Picture Perfect, is dedicated to those putting in overtime just to keep a roof over their heads. As the New Orleans mainstay puts it on the hook, “My n**gas hustle hard just to Pay the Rent.” Juvie ain’t the only emcee who knows the value of a dollar; joining the headliner over Sinister‘s sizzling street instrumental, renowned trappers Yo Gotti and Young Jeezy offer listeners a glimpse at their respective balance sheets on the second and third verses. Pay the Rent isn’t attached to a larger project, but those feeling it can, of course, keep it locked for more fresh material from all involved.
Written by richard on 08/7/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.