After three-and-a-half years and a few false starts, the one and only Juvenile is finally back in promo mode and ready to drop his eighth studio album! Still signed to UTP/Atlantic, Juve the Great has taken his time making Cocky & Confident, an album that will please both the street-hustling dudes and the ladies with one ear glued to the radio. On the official lead single, the New Orleans icon addresses a female he’s had his eye on ever since he was very young; now that they both are grown, he’s willing to do whatever it takes to get his “Hands On You.” Topped off with guest vocals from Atlantic labelmate Pleasure P and a synth/percussion heavy beat by Tick Tock, this is a track listeners of both genders are sure to enjoy (though some of the fellas might not want to admit it!) Can Juve sustain this universally-appealing blend for the length of an album? We’ll find out this fall, when Cocky & Confident hits stores.
Written by Burmy on 08/18/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.