After three-and-a-half years and a few false starts, the one and only Juvenile is finally back in promo mode and ready to drop his eighth studio album! Still signed to UTP/Atlantic, Juve the Great has taken his time making Cocky & Confident, an album that will please both the street-hustling dudes and the ladies with one ear glued to the radio. On the official lead single, the New Orleans icon addresses a female he’s had his eye on ever since he was very young; now that they both are grown, he’s willing to do whatever it takes to get his “Hands On You.” Topped off with guest vocals from Atlantic labelmate Pleasure P and a synth/percussion heavy beat by Tick Tock, this is a track listeners of both genders are sure to enjoy (though some of the fellas might not want to admit it!) Can Juve sustain this universally-appealing blend for the length of an album? We’ll find out this fall, when Cocky & Confident hits stores.
Written by Burmy on 08/18/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.