Though Juvenile‘s been largely absent from the music scene for the past two years, his fans remain as loyal as ever, as proven by the mainly positive reviews he earned with the recently-featured Back Back. Now, Juve’s back yet again, this time angling to earn a slice of the coveted crossover audience. This newly-released street single finds the New Orleans native ready to do whatever it takes to make a special lady feel Alright. Though Partners-N-Crime member Kango Slim contributes background vocals and NOLA rapper Jay Da Menace provides plenty of energy, C. Smith Productions is arguably the MVP on this record, mixing synths with some old-school, Mannie Fresh-style percussion and a Sinista-esque “al-al-allright” sample. With the proper backing, Alright is virtually guaranteed to receive heavy rotation—stay tuned to the Booth for more from Juve as he further develops his comeback strategy.
Listen to More: Juvenile Written by Burmy
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.