Though Juvenile‘s been largely absent from the music scene for the past two years, his fans remain as loyal as ever, as proven by the mainly positive reviews he earned with the recently-featured Back Back. Now, Juve’s back yet again, this time angling to earn a slice of the coveted crossover audience. This newly-released street single finds the New Orleans native ready to do whatever it takes to make a special lady feel Alright. Though Partners-N-Crime member Kango Slim contributes background vocals and NOLA rapper Jay Da Menace provides plenty of energy, C. Smith Productions is arguably the MVP on this record, mixing synths with some old-school, Mannie Fresh-style percussion and a Sinista-esque “al-al-allright” sample. With the proper backing, Alright is virtually guaranteed to receive heavy rotation—stay tuned to the Booth for more from Juve as he further develops his comeback strategy.
Written by Burmy on 04/16/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)