Though Juvenile‘s been largely absent from the music scene for the past two years, his fans remain as loyal as ever, as proven by the mainly positive reviews he earned with the recently-featured Back Back. Now, Juve’s back yet again, this time angling to earn a slice of the coveted crossover audience. This newly-released street single finds the New Orleans native ready to do whatever it takes to make a special lady feel Alright. Though Partners-N-Crime member Kango Slim contributes background vocals and NOLA rapper Jay Da Menace provides plenty of energy, C. Smith Productions is arguably the MVP on this record, mixing synths with some old-school, Mannie Fresh-style percussion and a Sinista-esque “al-al-allright” sample. With the proper backing, Alright is virtually guaranteed to receive heavy rotation—stay tuned to the Booth for more from Juve as he further develops his comeback strategy.
Listen to More: Juvenile
Written by Burmy on 04/16/09
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.