Though Juvenile‘s been largely absent from the music scene for the past two years, his fans remain as loyal as ever, as proven by the mainly positive reviews he earned with the recently-featured Back Back. Now, Juve’s back yet again, this time angling to earn a slice of the coveted crossover audience. This newly-released street single finds the New Orleans native ready to do whatever it takes to make a special lady feel Alright. Though Partners-N-Crime member Kango Slim contributes background vocals and NOLA rapper Jay Da Menace provides plenty of energy, C. Smith Productions is arguably the MVP on this record, mixing synths with some old-school, Mannie Fresh-style percussion and a Sinista-esque “al-al-allright” sample. With the proper backing, Alright is virtually guaranteed to receive heavy rotation—stay tuned to the Booth for more from Juve as he further develops his comeback strategy.
Listen to More: Juvenile Written by Burmy
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!