Though Juvenile‘s been largely absent from the music scene for the past two years, his fans remain as loyal as ever, as proven by the mainly positive reviews he earned with the recently-featured Back Back. Now, Juve’s back yet again, this time angling to earn a slice of the coveted crossover audience. This newly-released street single finds the New Orleans native ready to do whatever it takes to make a special lady feel Alright. Though Partners-N-Crime member Kango Slim contributes background vocals and NOLA rapper Jay Da Menace provides plenty of energy, C. Smith Productions is arguably the MVP on this record, mixing synths with some old-school, Mannie Fresh-style percussion and a Sinista-esque “al-al-allright” sample. With the proper backing, Alright is virtually guaranteed to receive heavy rotation—stay tuned to the Booth for more from Juve as he further develops his comeback strategy.
Written by Burmy on 04/16/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.