The third of the major prophets in the Tanakh, Ezekiel foresaw the fall of Jerusalem, the destruction of Israel’s enemies and the creation of a new Jewish city and Temple. Justus, the Southern emcee formerly known as J. Capri, does a little prophesying of his own on his latest promo single, an outtake from his next LP. Over Jerald Washington‘s fiery, Chipmunk-sampled production, the First in Flight State native envisions himself using his God-given powers to lead his people through the valley of the shadow of death. Has this Biblically-inspired joint left you craving more? As mentioned above, Ezekiel isn’t attached to the project, but those feeling it will want to stay tuned for further details on Justus’s untitled, 2014-bound studio album.
Written by richard on 11/18/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.