The third of the major prophets in the Tanakh, Ezekiel foresaw the fall of Jerusalem, the destruction of Israel’s enemies and the creation of a new Jewish city and Temple. Justus, the Southern emcee formerly known as J. Capri, does a little prophesying of his own on his latest promo single, an outtake from his next LP. Over Jerald Washington‘s fiery, Chipmunk-sampled production, the First in Flight State native envisions himself using his God-given powers to lead his people through the valley of the shadow of death. Has this Biblically-inspired joint left you craving more? As mentioned above, Ezekiel isn’t attached to the project, but those feeling it will want to stay tuned for further details on Justus’s untitled, 2014-bound studio album.
Written by richard on 11/18/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)