Though French electronic duo Daft Punk haven’t released a studio album since way back in 2005, the robot-suited twosome’s influence in the years since is not to be denied – far from fading away, their retro-futuristic style seems only to have grown hotter. On his Booth debut and latest single, up-and-coming emcee Justt takes inspiration from one of their more chilled-out numbers, ‘03 single Something About You. InDiGo Child mans the boards, serving up a lightly tweaked version of the original’s vocoder/synth backdrop as the headliner airs his regrets regarding a past love. Though the relationship went south, he can’t help but wonder whether, under different circumstances, things could have worked out. “It may not be the right time or the right place / you saw a side of me, but not the right face.” Whether or not Justt manages to set things right with that special girl (we can only hope), those who like what they’re hearing will be able to hear plenty more fresh tunes on his Just Landed mixtape, scheduled to touch down August 31.
Written by richard on 08/19/10
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.