Though French electronic duo Daft Punk haven’t released a studio album since way back in 2005, the robot-suited twosome’s influence in the years since is not to be denied – far from fading away, their retro-futuristic style seems only to have grown hotter. On his Booth debut and latest single, up-and-coming emcee Justt takes inspiration from one of their more chilled-out numbers, ‘03 single Something About You. InDiGo Child mans the boards, serving up a lightly tweaked version of the original’s vocoder/synth backdrop as the headliner airs his regrets regarding a past love. Though the relationship went south, he can’t help but wonder whether, under different circumstances, things could have worked out. “It may not be the right time or the right place / you saw a side of me, but not the right face.” Whether or not Justt manages to set things right with that special girl (we can only hope), those who like what they’re hearing will be able to hear plenty more fresh tunes on his Just Landed mixtape, scheduled to touch down August 31.
Written by richard on 08/19/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.