In boxing, a TKO occurs when a fighter isn’t down for the count, but is judged by the referee to have taken too much of a beating to continue the match. I’m going to have to assume that Justin Timberlake was just reaching for a catchy lyric, as there’s nothing technical about his latest single—it’s a straight knockout. The highly-anticipated follow-up to July’s Take Back the Night, this cut blends J.T.‘s trademark, sinuous pop sound with a bombastic edge befitting its two-fisted theme. Timbaland‘s synth-brass fanfare and syncopated drum pattern (replaced with beatboxing on the outro) back Timberlake as he describes the crushing emotional blow of seeing the girl he loved with another man. Has the pop heavyweight succeeded in knocking you out—technically or otherwise—with his latest effort? If so, you should keep your browsers locked for more fresh singles leading up to the September 30, arrival of The 20/20 Experience (2 of 2).
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Justin Timberlake’s Ryan Reichenfeld-directed TKO visual.
Written by richard on 10/29/13
Pop superstar Justin Timberlake has released the second half of his two-part album, The 20/20 Experience. The sequel to March's massively-acclaimed first installment, the project packs 13 brand new tracks from the NSYNC...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Love ft. T.I." (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.