In boxing, a TKO occurs when a fighter isn’t down for the count, but is judged by the referee to have taken too much of a beating to continue the match. I’m going to have to assume that Justin Timberlake was just reaching for a catchy lyric, as there’s nothing technical about his latest single—it’s a straight knockout. The highly-anticipated follow-up to July’s Take Back the Night, this cut blends J.T.‘s trademark, sinuous pop sound with a bombastic edge befitting its two-fisted theme. Timbaland‘s synth-brass fanfare and syncopated drum pattern (replaced with beatboxing on the outro) back Timberlake as he describes the crushing emotional blow of seeing the girl he loved with another man. Has the pop heavyweight succeeded in knocking you out—technically or otherwise—with his latest effort? If so, you should keep your browsers locked for more fresh singles leading up to the September 30, arrival of The 20/20 Experience (2 of 2).
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Justin Timberlake’s Ryan Reichenfeld-directed TKO visual.
Written by richard on 10/29/13
Pop superstar Justin Timberlake has released the second half of his two-part album, The 20/20 Experience. The sequel to March's massively-acclaimed first installment, the project packs 13 brand new tracks from the NSYNC...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Love ft. T.I." (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)