With the rotation his recent hits have received on dancefloors worldwide, I think any fair-minded clubgoer would admit that Justin Timberlake‘s had the evening on lock. So when the pop heavyweight announces his intent to Take Back the Night on his latest single, the lead selection off part two of The 20/20 Experience, I’m not sure exactly whom he plans to take it back from. Himself? Regardless, this cut will ensure that his reign over the PM hours continues. Timbaland, J.T. and Jerome “J-ROC” Harmon team up behind the boards, crafting an irresistable throwback beat that recalls Michael Jackson‘s Don’t Stop Till You Get Enough. Over the smooth, retro production, Timberlake showcases a falsetto-laced vocal style sure to elicit further comparisons to the late King of Pop. The 20/20 Experience Pt. 2 is scheduled to drop September 30, via RCA Records. On the off chance you still have yet to cop it, Part One is available now wherever fine music is sold.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Justin Timberlake’s Jeff Nicholas, Jonathan Craven and Darren Craig-directed Take Back the Night visual.
Written by richard on 07/30/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)