With the rotation his recent hits have received on dancefloors worldwide, I think any fair-minded clubgoer would admit that Justin Timberlake‘s had the evening on lock. So when the pop heavyweight announces his intent to Take Back the Night on his latest single, the lead selection off part two of The 20/20 Experience, I’m not sure exactly whom he plans to take it back from. Himself? Regardless, this cut will ensure that his reign over the PM hours continues. Timbaland, J.T. and Jerome “J-ROC” Harmon team up behind the boards, crafting an irresistable throwback beat that recalls Michael Jackson‘s Don’t Stop Till You Get Enough. Over the smooth, retro production, Timberlake showcases a falsetto-laced vocal style sure to elicit further comparisons to the late King of Pop. The 20/20 Experience Pt. 2 is scheduled to drop September 30, via RCA Records. On the off chance you still have yet to cop it, Part One is available now wherever fine music is sold.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Justin Timberlake’s Jeff Nicholas, Jonathan Craven and Darren Craig-directed Take Back the Night visual.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Love ft. T.I." (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.