With the rotation his recent hits have received on dancefloors worldwide, I think any fair-minded clubgoer would admit that Justin Timberlake‘s had the evening on lock. So when the pop heavyweight announces his intent to Take Back the Night on his latest single, the lead selection off part two of The 20/20 Experience, I’m not sure exactly whom he plans to take it back from. Himself? Regardless, this cut will ensure that his reign over the PM hours continues. Timbaland, J.T. and Jerome “J-ROC” Harmon team up behind the boards, crafting an irresistable throwback beat that recalls Michael Jackson‘s Don’t Stop Till You Get Enough. Over the smooth, retro production, Timberlake showcases a falsetto-laced vocal style sure to elicit further comparisons to the late King of Pop. The 20/20 Experience Pt. 2 is scheduled to drop September 30, via RCA Records. On the off chance you still have yet to cop it, Part One is available now wherever fine music is sold.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Justin Timberlake’s Jeff Nicholas, Jonathan Craven and Darren Craig-directed Take Back the Night visual.
Written by richard on 07/30/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.