The latest official video from Justin Timberlake is a little different from the norm, but that’s Not a Bad Thing. Presented in a unique, documentary-esque style, the clip is an ingenious stab at viral success. It follows filmmarker Dennis Liu as he and his colleagues attempt to track down a man and woman who recently got engaged to the tune of Timberlake’s latest single (the #1 most added track on Top 40 radio over the last three weeks) on a Long Island Railroad train. Along the way, they solicit insights on the topic of love from a variety of happy couples. And the song? Well, it’s every bit as tender and romantic as you’d expect from the backstory. Over a breezy, guitar-laced R&B beat by himself, Timbaland and J-Roc, Justin urges a woman to forget her past heartbreaks and agree to spend her life with him: “Don’t act like it’s a bad thing to fall in love with me / Cause you might look around and find your dreams come true…” For this gentle ballad and much more, check out the artist’s The 20/20 Experience: The Complete Experience LP, available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 03/21/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.