The latest official video from Justin Timberlake is a little different from the norm, but that’s Not a Bad Thing. Presented in a unique, documentary-esque style, the clip is an ingenious stab at viral success. It follows filmmarker Dennis Liu as he and his colleagues attempt to track down a man and woman who recently got engaged to the tune of Timberlake’s latest single (the #1 most added track on Top 40 radio over the last three weeks) on a Long Island Railroad train. Along the way, they solicit insights on the topic of love from a variety of happy couples. And the song? Well, it’s every bit as tender and romantic as you’d expect from the backstory. Over a breezy, guitar-laced R&B beat by himself, Timbaland and J-Roc, Justin urges a woman to forget her past heartbreaks and agree to spend her life with him: “Don’t act like it’s a bad thing to fall in love with me / Cause you might look around and find your dreams come true…” For this gentle ballad and much more, check out the artist’s The 20/20 Experience: The Complete Experience LP, available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 03/21/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Love ft. T.I." (2006)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.