Because the date coincides with the end of the Mayan “Long Count” Calendar, some have speculated that a world-ending cataclysm will take place on December 21, 2012. All superstition aside, Speed Limit singer Justin Garner‘s planning ahead for that day—and his plans don’t involve a time capsule, bomb shelter, or freezer-dried food; as long as he can be with his woman
When The World Ends
There Will Still Be You (note: Justin decided to change the title of this song), he’ll die happy. Justin’s sweeping vocals and G-Sharp‘s piano-synth-string beat add up to a cut that could easily win an Oscar for Best Original Song were it picked up as theme music for a major motion picture. Right now, it’s just an album track from his debut of the same name, but, given the power of online persuasion, there’s a strong chance that rave Booth reviews could convince the label brass to upgrade it to single status.
Written by Burmy on 07/21/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Speed Limit" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.