Though we at the DJBooth try to bring readers all the newest (authorized) music before any other site on the net, occasionally there are underground artists who pick up major hype before we get the chance to feature them. One such artist is Baton Rouge’s Justin Garner, who dropped his U, Me, & The Radio mixtape on Inauguration Day as prelude to the release of his debut album, Role Model. Tormented by an ex who left him, but won’t leave him alone, Justin is determined to get away, even if he has to exceed the Speed Limit to do it. Whether or not he ends up getting that speeding ticket remains to be seen, but, thanks to the tried-and-true combination of smooth vocals and looped piano (courtesy of Psylence), Speed Limit should put Garner on the fast track to the top of the R&B game.
Written by Burmy on 02/19/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"There Will Still Be You" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.