Like a L.A. actress, hip-hop fans are constantly hungry. They want more; more music, more videos, more everything. So even though Justin Garner, the Louisiana native who has gone from newcomer to regular Booth favorite in just over a year, recently released two projects (The White Labels, Sound of My Heart), he knows he’s right back in the kitchen cooking up new music like today’s King of Hearts. If our loyal readers were making Usher comparisons on his last record, Like It or Not, I’ve got a good feeling King of Hearts will only garner (pun intended) even more Raymond-isms. On the beat producer Playboi drops an up-tempo, instantly catchy beat that continues r&b’s continued move into more pop/club waters, and vocally Garner proves he’s got the versatility to do ballads like the aforementioned Like It and go digging for radio gold. No final word yet on when Garner’s upcoming mixtape, Us Against the World, will drop (other than “soon”), but as soon as a date gets locked down your boys in the Booth will be sure to let you know.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/23/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Speed Limit" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.