Is there any singer alive who can make romance sound as epic as Justin Garner? On the title track off his last project, featured on our pages in October 2013, the unsigned crooner cast himself as a Warrior marching into battle for a woman’s love, and the image seemed utterly believable thanks to his passionate vocals and the cut’s martially-tinged production. EP single Cross the Line shares that cut’s high-stakes,”do or die,” vibe, but its sound calls to mind the peace following a pitched battle, rather than the melee itself. Over Shaun Andrew‘s stirring, string-driven beat, Garner describes his fight to win a special girl back, after losing her once. Do I even need to specify that his vocal performance is impeccable? I thought not. 7, the artist’s forthcoming 7” EP, is slated to drop April 8. In the meantime, of course, you can keep it locked to The DJBooth for the latest singles off the set.
Written by richard on 03/14/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Speed Limit" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.