Is there any singer alive who can make romance sound as epic as Justin Garner? On the title track off his last project, featured on our pages in October 2013, the unsigned crooner cast himself as a Warrior marching into battle for a woman’s love, and the image seemed utterly believable thanks to his passionate vocals and the cut’s martially-tinged production. EP single Cross the Line shares that cut’s high-stakes,”do or die,” vibe, but its sound calls to mind the peace following a pitched battle, rather than the melee itself. Over Shaun Andrew‘s stirring, string-driven beat, Garner describes his fight to win a special girl back, after losing her once. Do I even need to specify that his vocal performance is impeccable? I thought not. 7, the artist’s forthcoming 7” EP, is slated to drop April 8. In the meantime, of course, you can keep it locked to The DJBooth for the latest singles off the set.
Written by richard on 03/14/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Speed Limit" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.