Is there any singer alive who can make romance sound as epic as Justin Garner? On the title track off his last project, featured on our pages in October 2013, the unsigned crooner cast himself as a Warrior marching into battle for a woman’s love, and the image seemed utterly believable thanks to his passionate vocals and the cut’s martially-tinged production. EP single Cross the Line shares that cut’s high-stakes,”do or die,” vibe, but its sound calls to mind the peace following a pitched battle, rather than the melee itself. Over Shaun Andrew‘s stirring, string-driven beat, Garner describes his fight to win a special girl back, after losing her once. Do I even need to specify that his vocal performance is impeccable? I thought not. 7, the artist’s forthcoming 7” EP, is slated to drop April 8. In the meantime, of course, you can keep it locked to The DJBooth for the latest singles off the set.
Written by richard on 03/14/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Speed Limit" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.